Bark it up; It's a dog's world

Everyone has a voice and it's been a delight to interview Tigger. Tigger is a lurcher who didn't have the best start in life but he found his home at last. Now he has a solid audience on his social media platforms spreading the words about dog welfare, animal awareness as well as bringing a smile to a lot of people's faces. Tigger has the word!


Could you tell me a bit about yourself?

I am around 6years old and I am a lurcher. My exact birthday is not known as I was found abandoned on the street.
My capture and subsequent boarding in a really nice rescue centre turned out to be a very timely and fortunate one, as the humans I adopted had recently had their previous dog cross the Rainbow Bridge and were struggling.
When I arrived at my, now, forever home I did have a few issues, but my humans looked past those and helped me grow into the happy newshound you see today.






 

Can you teach us a very specific fact about your breed?


Of all the breeds, I would say lurchers are pretty high on the ‘discarded’ scale.
We are often used for hunting and discarded when we get injured or do not catch enough.
Or we are discarded due to humans not understanding how we act when we are puppies, which can last around 4 years, and are not ready for our personalities.


 

how did you make an online name for yourself in the animal community?


As part of my fresh start with my humans, I wanted to start a diary of my varying levels of success with getting to know my new humans.
Quite quickly visitors to my website and Pals I met started asking if I did or could do other things.
Well as you can see I followed my nose and the website has grown to the animal community hub it is today.  





 

You, yourself, are a reporter and have interviewed other animals, how do others get in contact with you if they like to do an interview with you?

 

Any Pals that would like to be interviewed can contact me through my website or through all of my social media pages.


 

What's the best thing that happened to you after you started your own site?


I would say the best thing is that I have met so many wonderful Pals and humans from around the world.


 

You also have a shop can you inform us about your merchandise?


I had started my shop to help raise funds to keep my website and monthly newspaper going.
Over time I have managed to get my own brand of potions and lotions and hope to eventually have other merchandise in my own brand.
The other businesses that I purchase products from are all UK family-owned businesses.



Can we expect something more of your creativity in the near future?


You may not realise it, but I do my own work on my newspaper and website myself. So that takes up a lot of time.
Plus I am always trying to find new listing to add all of the time.
I do have other plans and ideas for the future, but they will take time to research and develop.


 





What do you do to relax when you are not a hard-working dog?


I like going for walks with my humans and meeting up with Pals when possible.


 

Any advice you can pass on to others who want to spread the good word about dogs?


Dogs, well, in fact, most animals, are really misunderstood by humans.
We are not bad, we are just badly treated or trained.
The biggest problem is that some humans forget or do not even consider we are sentient beings too and like humans we are all different.
If you want to know us, slow down and spend time with us. That way we will have a better understanding of each other.





If you wish to get in contact with Tigger these are your links: 


https://twitter.com/Tiggers_Tails


https://www.tigger.club/




Culture and Creativity thanks Tigger for his time.!



All photos are borrowed from Tigger


The interview was done by BJ


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Award Winning Author, J.S.Burke.

Meet artist Si Black and her inspiring story!

Meet Yollie, a self-taught artist from Down Under