Analisa's Love Letters

Meet Analisa, a very talented young woman, with some very classy skills for making handcrafted Love Letters. She makes gifts for any occasion in life and her Etsy store is worth a visit. She was happy to answer some question about her work, her life and how she has managed to create her business through social media platforms. This girl is not afraid to follow her goals. 



                         Tell us a bit about yourself and your background?
 I was born in London and have been living in the Camden area for the last 15 years. I worked full time in Advertising for various companies after leaving University, but after having my second child I decided to do something for myself so I could have flexible working hours and spend more time with my children. Also, childcare in central London pretty much eats up your monthly salary! 




                          How did you come up with the idea for creating Love Letters?
I’ve always loved making things and crafting, and while on maternity leave with my second child I started decorating letters for friends and family as gifts.  I got a lot of encouragement to keep doing it and as a result, I decided not to return to my full-time job, handed in my notice, and took the plunge and officially set up Love Letters by Analisa.



                                        
                                          How do you run your business?
As my children are still very young, they are mostly at home with me - apart from when my daughter goes to nursery two days a week.  I, therefore, work on my business at any given spare moment!  When there is a quiet time, such as nap time or when they go to bed in the evening.  I have an online shop on Etsy as well as a Facebook page, plus Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest accounts.  I use all these social media channels to promote my business throughout the day. I generally work late into the night as this is when I can get a lot of work done without interruptions.  My work is a combination of actually creating the products, to marketing and PR and the admin side of running a business.

  
How does it make a difference in your life that you have a creative hobby, you can share with others?

 I am so much happier now running my own business, doing something that I’m passionate about.  I actually work much harder than when I was working in the corporate world, but I don’t mind, and it’s so satisfying to see the business grow and do something I love.  When I get great feedback from customers, it’s such a wonderful feeling!

                     

                    What type of materials do you use for creating the letters?

 I use a whole range of materials, from mdf to paper mache, various paints and lots of different types of embellishments such as paper flowers, stickers, buttons, artificial flowers, toy cars, dinosaurs and pom poms!  I’m always on the look out for new ideas for decor and have drawers of things which my children love to rifle through! 

                                    
                                   

                                            What other creative skills do you possess?

I enjoy interior design, and can’t wait to decorate our new home when we move


                                                 What are your plans for the future?

 I have lots of different design ideas I want to implement, and different platforms I want to launch on, but it’s just finding the time to do them with two young children at home.  My plan is to continue as I am, steadily growing the business but really make a concerted effort once the children are at school full time.  The whole point I started Love Letters was to be able to spend time with my children while they are so young, so at this stage, it’s all a balance!   

                                   


Thanks a lot to Analisa for taking the time out for an interview. If you want to know more about her and her beautiful work, you can get lots more info on her sites. Here are links: 





Interview by Bente J. All photos are from Analisa's Etsy store. 












Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Award Winning Author, J.S.Burke.

Meet artist Si Black and her inspiring story!